Thursday, June 5, 2008

Grasshoppers are too jumpy!


Tonight we were driving in the car and Nick and me were talking and I looked forward and there was a grasshopper right in front of me on the dashboard. YIKES!! My heart started racing and I leaned my seat back as fast as I could and tried to hold as still as possible. Nick was laughing, trying to tell me that it wouldn't bite me! I know they don't bite, but what if it jumped on me????? We stopped and Nick got out and hit the car with his hand and the grasshopper jumped out. WHEW! I know there are lots scarier thing out there, but hey too many bad experiences with them. Me and grasshoppers are not the best of friends! Too jumpy!


Bread Making Round 2

Today was much better for bread making. We had 5 delicious loaves of wheat bread! (all ingredients were added :)

5 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

haha! at least nick saved your life and got the grass hopper to leave! haha! jason doesn't like bugs (weird, i know) so I'm the one that gets stuck with killing and cleaning them up. by the way- hope you enjoyed your last night without neighbors... cause here we come!!!!!!

Kateenie said...

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I panicked for a moment, but then I remembered that it could be worse. I had a giant yellow wasp on my steering wheel last month. I wrote about the scary experience as well. Silly us!

*MARY* said...

You're so brave Dorene, I would have jumped out of the speeding car. My husband LOVES grasshoppers, they keep them as pets in China.

Gayle said...

Oh Dorene. You make me laugh. Good thing you have a strong and brave husband to help you out in scray situations.

Torgersons said...

Grasshoppers are seriously nasty, so I know how you feel. Getting jumped on is frightening!