Saturday, June 14, 2008

SCARY!!

Last night was an eventful night. I opened the door to the garage and noticed a whole bunch of tiny spiders all over the door. I hurried and shut the door. I went outside to open the garage door so I could get to them without them getting to me. Joanna ran next door and got her bug spray and came back to help get rid of the spiders. I think we got them all! Thanks! The rest of the night I just felt like creepy spiders were crawling on me. (thank goodness none did) I put Cooper to bed and came in and checked my email and text Nick. (he has been in Kolob since Thursday with Jeremi, Ty and Chris ) Well, anyway we went to bed and I got a phone call from Nick at 4 am asking me to come and open the front door. I was like, "what? I thought you weren't coming home until tomorrow?" Jen (nick's sister-in-law) had been having contractions 3 minutes apart so she called and the boys came home. When I unlocked the door Nick got a concerned look on his face and said, "It smells way bad like natural gas!" I couldn't smell anything. He asked it I had left the stove on and I told him I didn't even use the stove. He went looking around and the stove was barley on so it had been leaking gas. Cooper must have turned the knob a little or something! So, we opened up all the windows and I went to check on Cooper to make sure he was alive and breathing. I carried him into my bed to sleep with us because I was just too freaked out at this point. This morning I woke up really nauseous and had a headache. I still am so worried about my little guy. He seems to be doing fine though! We are so grateful for prayer and the Lord's blessings and protection . We are so blessed to have him always watching over us and thankful in a way for Jen's contractions or else Cooper and I wouldn't be here right now!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Awe, that is way scary! I am so glad it all turned out ok for you though!

Kateenie said...

I love blessings. I am grateful your husband came home when he did.

Anonymous said...

Good thing your sister in law went into labor!

Laura Edwards said...

Wow! I am glad that you found out about the leak! That is scary!

*MARY* said...

Thanks for your concern it sounds like you had a scary situation as well. I'm glad everything turned out ok in the end.
I think the reason I fainted was because I was just really tired and weak. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, I hadn't eaten much that day and I had taken the kids for a walk in the hot weather and I later learned that it was a red day which means you shouldn't spend time outside because the air quality is hazardous to your health. So all those things put together did it, I think.

cami said...

holy cow that is a crazy story. Glad that everyone is ok.