Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cooper's Prayer

Today at lunch I told Cooper to fold his arm's so that we could say the prayer. He folded his arms and said, "Me say it, me say it!" Nick says," Ok, I will help you." Cooper: "No me." Nick: "Ok, say it." We were all folding our arms and Cooper starts, "Heavenly Father, Thank you day. Bless Emma and daddy. Food. Jesus Christ, Men! Did he just say the prayer all by himself???? Nick and I were shocked and so excited! He did it all by himself with no help! Go Coop!

14 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

YAY!!! Good job Coop!! I guess you and Nick are doin somethin right if he can pray by himself :)So good job on being a good mommy and daddy!

Rae said...

good job Coop!!!!

Grandma Jo said...

I hope he'll say it when we are around sometime. How neat. He's had good examples.

Mary & Trin said...

Isn't it so fun when they do things by them self for the first time. It is always so exciting to me when trin learns something new or figures it out all by her self. It is the best. Congrats Coop. And yeah to the good parents for teaching him.

Megan Andersen said...

Cute! I really need to get better at praying with my kids.

~..kass..~ said...

SO cute! Too bad you didn't have the video camera on him!

Gayle said...

Oh, that is so cute!! kids prayers are really best one to hear. They are simple, but heart touching. Good Job Cooper!

The Hyde's said...

Isn't it great when they start praying by themselves. Their little sweet innocent prayers are the best. Cooper is so cute!

Long Family said...

That's so cute. Carli prays but you she just mumbles, so I don't know what she's saying. It's funny though, sometimes she prays before every bite. I should record that sometime. It's hilarious!

Justin and Kenzee said...

That is precious! It's amazing how much these little ones really are paying attention to... so smart!

cami said...

how cute is that! It is crazy to see them grow up.

Anonymous said...

that's soo precious!! he's getting soo big! are you guys enjoying your new house? i bet!:)

Staci said...

I took Chandler to Dr. Scholzen at Children's Dental over by Tai Pan. I would recommend them for sure. When he was all done he got a tooth brush, a book and a balloon. They are pricey though, so I don't know if I would go there if I didn't have dental insurance. How is Cooper feeling? It seems like we have had a lot going on the last few Sundays so I still haven't seen you! Maybe next week...

Amber Blair said...

That is way cute. I can't wait til Alana can say sentences and start saying cute prayers like that!!