Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh, a camping we did go...a camping we did go!

Last weekend we went camping up to Beaver Mountain. It was such nice weather! I loved seeing all of the trees changing colors. Cooper had such a blast! We haven't been camping since last deer hunt so it was nice to go. We went for four-wheeler rides and just relaxed. We went camping in the same camp that we go to for the deer hunt so it was nice to already know the area. It has a little creek running behind it so the kids love it. Cooper was having so much fun playing in the creek pretending that he was fishing that he fell in. :( It was pretty cold! Saturday Jeremi's family came up and camped with us. We made a roast in the dutch oven and it turned out so... yummy! We had so much food! The kids had a blast roasting marshmallows and getting dirty. We gave Coop a bath and when he got out the water was gray. It was pretty gross! When we went four wheeling we saw three does, lots of grasshoppers, squirrels, and a 6 point bull elk! It was HUGE! Well, huge to me. I have never seen one that big ever.! Nick slammed on the breaks jumped off the four wheeler and tired to take a picture. We were too slow though.

We had so much fun we didn't want to come home (except to shower) but, maybe we will be able to go again soon before it gets too cold!

5 comments:

Rae said...

That looks like you had so much fun!
Poor Coop, falling in the cold water :(

Unknown said...

I'm jealous. I haven't been camping since the last year of girls camp. That is pretty sad. Danny is not a camper, so I'm sure our kids won't ever get the experience. It sounds like you all had a lot of fun.

Grandma Jo said...

It sounds like you had a fun time. It must have been beautiful up there. Just remember what it looks like so when you go up there in the snow for deer season you'll have a warm feeling.
I bet Cooper was having a blast. The great,open outdoors!

Jason and Joanna said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great little get a way... it was pretty dead on our street though... glad you guys are home!! :) Tell Nick, or I will, that he needs to take more pictures of you! :)

Staci said...

Looks like you had fun. I wish we did more fun stuff like that more often. Chandler hasn't experienced camping yet and I would love to take him...just not so sure he would sleep. He likes to be in his own bed. This weather is so beautiful and is perfect for that kind of stuff.