Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CaRvInG PuMpKiNs

Every time we would go to the store Cooper would get so excited when he would see the pumpkins so we decided it was time to get some and carve them before Halloween is over! I can't believe it really is on FRIDAY! Nick started by showing Cooper how to clean out and carve the pumpkin. Cooper wasn't too sure of the idea especially when it was time to clean them out. He kept saying, "Eww.. sick pumpkins" He soon got brave after watching Nick for a while and would clean it out with a spoon. He even ate a raw seed but didn't like that too much. We each carved a pumpkin with Cooper's help and let me tell ya it has been a long time since I have carved a pumpkin! I am not so good. Nick had to help me make it look decent! Let's just say I am not so patient when it comes to tedious work! :) While Nick was "helping" mine Cooper was being so silly with his cup. He would get a drink and then peek up over the cup and say, "Boo!" Silly Coop! After we got done carving we cleaned up the pumpkin seeds and baked them. They were pretty yummy! We realized we didn't have any tea lights so we went to the store and got some for our pumpkins so we could put them outside. While we were lighting our pumpkins Cooper found a little friend. He LOVES finding frogs. We sure do get a lot out here at night! I hope that we can do this every year and make it a fun tradition with our kids! We had a blast!

7 comments:

*MARY* said...

I had to stare at the B in BOO for so long until I finally figured out how you got the circles inside to stay there.

~..kass..~ said...

How fun! Letters are HARD good work guys!

Em said...

Coop is so cute!! I think all your pumpkins turned out great!! I love Halloween, and carving pumpkins such is such a fun cheap activity! We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

We carved a pumpkin for the first time also. First one in like 10 years. I'm glad you had fun, and it looks like the pumpkins turned out great. What a wonderful family tradition.

Josh and Kensey said...

your pumpkins turned out really good! I bet that was a lot of fun! Coop sounds like he is the life of your house!

Amber Blair said...

We carved some pumpkins too, but I don't think Alana wanted to touch them, she saw me scooping out the inside and said "gross". I did get another shirt made, it was done Friday but they noticed a flaw in the shirt so they had to order another shirt to print on. I should get it by tomorrow then I'll post pics on my blog for ya!

The Devin Stewart Family said...

Your pumpkins look awesome. Its looks little coop keeps you on your toes. He is a cutie and getting so big. Happy Halloween.