Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My little trouble maker

I heard water running in the bathroom so I went in to see if Cooper was washing his hands. When I walked into the bathroom Cooper was standing on the edge of the bathtub and said, "Mom, look water!" The toilet was overflowing!!! Well, I hurried and tried to turn the water valve off. It was pretty hard to turn but, I finally got it! There was water all over the floor, almost half of the bathroom. I asked Cooper what happened and he said, "Me flush the toilet!" Well, come to find out he put about half a roll of toilet paper in the toilet and flushed it! I was almost ready to put him on time out for the rest of the day!!! He has been such a little stinker lately. He is so curious about everything but, mostly he doesn't listen and now matter what he thinks it is funny! Any ideas??

3 comments:

Kateenie said...

I wish I had some words of wisdom to share. I don't have any personal experience, but my gut tells me to say wait it out. This, too, shall pass. In the mean time, encourage his curiosity. Do as you've done and let him take you for a drive in the car. Give him opportunities (with staged parameters) to discover and explore. Encourage him to ask questions and then answer them the best you can. Maybe next time he'll ask you how the toilet works before he tries it on his own.

Em said...

I know nothing but if you find a solution let me know I will probably have the same problem in a few years...

Mary & Trin said...

No Idea. Maybe go with him into the bathroom if already knows how to use it. And then shut the door. Put a child proof door handle cover on the nob so he has to ask u to help him when he wants to go in. It is really funny though. My little boy used to stick hair brushes and blush brushes in the potty, and would just laugh, he thought it was soo fun, I would always shut the door but when ever someone forgot (Trin) he would sneak in and u would hear water sloshing and laughing. Trin just like sticking big wads of toilet paper in it, but she eventually grew out of it. So I say just wait it is a matter of time.