Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nursery, Water, Potty, No clothes...

On Sunday I was sitting in R.S. and the nursery leader came to the door and motioned for me. I went out there and she said, "We have a problem...(she was kind of laughing so I was really confused)" She went on to tell me that Cooper told one of the nursery leaders that he needed to go potty so she asked him if he needed help and he insisted that he could do it himself. (They have a little kid sized potty which Cooper thinks is so cool!) So, they let him go in. He had went to the bathroom, washed his hands and was trying to get out when they realized he had locked the door and he was now locked in the bathroom. While they were trying to figure out how to get him out Cooper decided it would be fun to play in the water! They got the door unlocked and he was soaking wet!! I got to the nursery and he was laying on his stomach eating his snacks under the table...with no bottoms on. He still had his shirt on because it only got wet a little but, his pants, and socks were soaked. I took him into the bathroom put a diaper on him and had a talk about using the potty by himself. He told me he would never do it again...haha we will see. *We have been working on potty training for a while and he was doing so good for about a week and then totally regressed. We have just started more serious this week. We will see how it goes this time. I think he is more ready and he loves wearing the potty watch!

14 comments:

Torgersons said...

He is such a funny little guy. Hahaha. I can't wait for the potty training years...

Dave and Natasha said...

How funny! A couple months back Aaralyn's nursery teacher came in and said that Aaralyn had an accident, she said she needed to go, but by then it was too late. They came to get me and her underwear were all wet and she was crying. Well, that just happened to be the same day that Dave decided to go home early because his back was hurting and he took the truck and Aniston and I had no extra underwear for her and no way to get home! Of course, he wasn't answering the phone either! I did have a thought that day while I was getting out of the truck to grab her underwear pouch that had extra panties and wipes, but I ignored it thinking, well, if I need them and I can just get them out of the truck! Well, that would have been fine if the truck was still there! Next time I will listen to those instincts! My neighbor was just about to take us home when FINALLY Dave answered his phone and came and got us! Accidents in nursery aren't too much fun!

cami said...

ooo.... the potty training. Good Luck!

Em said...

Hilarious! What is the potty watch? Tell all!

The Hyde's said...

I love little Coop. He is so curious and busy. You have the greatest stories on your blog. Hope your Christmas and New Years were great! We had a good time at the Christmas Eve dinner thanks for organizing everything. I need to get photos from the children's nativity if you or your siblings have any.

Grandma Jo said...

Oh Dorene, How does he think of all those things? He's a creative little boy. You can see his mind a rolling all the time. I'm glad that's all that he did:)

Long Family said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha. I LOVE your adventures!!!!

The fly-fisherman said...

Potty training stories are the greatest. I must admit I am glad to have those days behind me. Good luck with the process, when he is ready it will be a piece of cake.

Camille said...

I am glad that I saw you at the store the other day. It was fun to chat! Let us know how the watch goes. I'm anxious for Katelyn to be potty trained.

Jason and Joanna said...

Good luck with him!! :) I'm sure he did better today though!

Rae said...

Oh Coop!

Jaci said...

That is so funny. It amazing what kids come up with. So excited to play soon:)

Josh and Kensey said...

haha I love that story!! It makes me so excited to have a little boy running around!

Gayle said...

Oh Cooper!! You always make me laugh.