Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Doctor's

Tuesday, Cooper and I went to the Doctor for his 3 year old check up. He was so excited to go to the Dr. (I don't know why, maybe it cause he knows if he is a good boy he gets treats). We got checked in and he was so excited to see the "nemo" fish. We got called back and he had the biggest smile on his face. He said, Hi to the nurse and then showed her how big he was and got weighed and measured. He weights 32 lbs now and is 37.2 in. TALL. He is definitely not a baby anymore!! He told me he needed to go potty so we hurried and went before the doctor came in. When he came in Cooper told him he went potty and Dr. Marsden danced around!! He is awesome! Coop was so talkative! It was so cute to see him be so open with the Dr.! I was expecting our visit to be like the last where he wouldn't step on the scale and be scared to death but, NO! I was so happy to see him be such a BiG BoY! Dr. Marsden said we were missing one shot so, Coop had to get it! The nurse told him after he got his shot he could go pick out a "treasure" in the treasure box. He was SO excited! He got on my lap and she gave him his shot and he looked and me with a hurt face and said, OWWW...! When she put his band aid on he said, "Can I get a treasure?" It was so funny to see how much he REALLY wanted a "Treasure"! I am so proud of how good he did! Especially since I do not like the doctors! Maybe if my doctor let me pick out a treasure I would like it too! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if the gyno gave out treasures, I'd be a little more excited about going!

Jason and Joanna said...

oh dang!! and you were so excited that he wasn't going to need to get shots!! I'm so glad he was such a big boy- go coop!!

Grandma Jo said...

Wow! He really was different for that appointment! I guess like you say, he isn't a baby anymore. Way to go Cooper!

Jessica and Todd said...

Good job Cooper:)

Rae said...

That is so good Coop! And you went to the bathroom on the toilet!

Love,
Rae

Brooke said...

What a brave little guy!! That is so cute

Megan Andersen said...

It makes life so much easier when you don't have to fight your kids to go to the doctors--because they have to go regardless.

Josh and Kensey said...

Cooper is getting so big! Oh by the way that little football cake is so awesome! Did you make that yourself??

Amber Blair said...

The doctor is no fun when shots are involved!

Gayle said...

Cooper you are so brave at the Doctors!

cami said...

so cute.