Sunday, March 29, 2009

12 Weeks

Thanks for the Congrats! We are SO excited to have a little brother or sister for Cooper to play with. I am due October 12th!

I went to my first appointment a couple weeks ago and everything looked good. It was so nice to hear the heartbeat and know that there is really a babe in there. Cooper thought it was pretty cool when he heard the heartbeat. He turned to Nick and said, "That my baby in mom's tummy."

I have been off and on sick. I shouldn't complain too much because it is WAY better than my pregnancy with Coop but, the thing I don't understand is in the last three weeks I have thrown-up more than I did the first nine weeks. Oh, lovely times! I am hoping I am on the uphill climb now! :)

I have discovered that apples DO NOT agree with my tummy (blah). I LOVE salad and pretty much any kind of vegetable. Sweet things don't agree with me too much either well as long as I don't eat more than one...especially chocolate and I LOVE chocolate but, not right now!

Some funny things Coop has been up to:
Nick was babysitting Cooper a couple weeks ago while I was getting my haircut. He was doing something on the computer and saw Coop walking down the sidewalk with a Book of Mormon under his arm. Nick went outside and asked Coop where he was going. Coop replied, "I going to church dad!"

Cooper is really into playing like he is the Dad (ALL THE TIME). We were getting ready for prayers. Cooper said, "I the dad...I get in my spot." So he goes to the spot at the bed where Nick usually is and makes Nick or in Cooper's words "Big boy" kneel in the middle. I said, "Ok Dad do you want to say it?" We are all ready and Cooper isn't saying anything he is just looking at Nick so I said again, "Dad do you want to say it?" Again Cooper just keeps looking at Nick and says, "Big Boy, you wanna try? I'll help you!" It was hilarious. Nick and I couldn't stop laughing. He is such a fun little guy!

8 comments:

~..kass..~ said...

Oh man that is too funny, little kids are so fun huh!?!?
I hope you are feeling better quick, but I guess a good thing is that this baby wants only healthy food..bonus for you lol I am so happy for you!

Teria Brooks said...

silly Coop. I am so glad that things are progressing well for you! I am so excited for you too :) it was good to see you yesterday. thanks SO much for coming. i cant wait until we get our stuff in. see you tomorrow!!!!

bryce and paige said...

Cooper makes me laugh so hard. That is so cute that he thinks he's the Dad. TOO FUN. All I have to say is when I was pregnant with Lucy all I wanted was salad and I definitely couldn't do chocolate or sweet things like fruit. With Logan it was totally opposite and I couldn't even look at lettuce or tomatoes without getting queasy. SO... Maybe it's a girl? I know everyone is different but ya never know. So sorry that you haven't felt well, it's the worst. But when it's over it feels like it went by so fast, and you could do it over again in a heartbeat.

Krebs Krib said...

Hey! I am so excited for you! I hope you get over the sick part really soon! I would love to hang out for sure, give me a call and we'll figure something out! Cooper is such a little stud! Love ya!

Unknown said...

You are due on my anniversary. Congrats!

Long Family said...

He's so funny!! Are you going to find out what you're having??? I'm SOOO excited for you!

Gayle said...

Oh Dorene, I am so exicted that you are 12 weeks along. Little Cooper makes me laugh.

Jared & Kat said...

That is so fun! I am so excited for you guys! And I must say that October is a great month to have kids!