Monday, April 20, 2009

I want to runaway to a quiet beach......

+
=
Ok, so I have to say....Cooper might just give me a heart attack before I am 25 and that is a little over a month away! Within the last 5 days he has made my heart race, skip-a-beat, melt, and probably raised my blood pressure to not very good levels! Today is the last straw....I think I am going to runaway!
Just a few things Cooper has done these last five days (I won't tell you all of them but, these are the few that stand out the most!): I was taking a rest on Thursday morning and he was watching his show on my bed next to me. I was asleep for probably ten minutes.....no Cooper to be found. All the doors were closed so, I was frantically looking everywhere calling his name. I went out to the garage and he had gotten in my car and pushed the button to open the garage door and went out. I ran around the house twice calling his name when I noticed his scooter parked over at Joanna's house. I asked her if he was over there, luckily he had just gotten there. Thank goodness he was only next door. We are investing in high locks for our doors!
Saturday we were loading up the four wheelers and cleaning up to come home from the reunion. Cooper had been helping load the four wheelers with Nick and Nick came back to where I was. I said, "Where's Coop?" He replied, "He wanted to come help you!" Well.....he never came to me. Everyone was looking for him calling his name. Jeremi asked a guy who was over at his truck if he had seen him and he pointed him in the direction of where he went. This was probably the scariest, panicky feeling I have ever had. My stomach was sick, and I prayed my heart out to please help us find my little adventurer. After about what felt like a lifetime we found him and he was as happy as could be as if nothing had every gone wrong. He said he knew where he was, he was just playing in the dirt! Oh, Coop!
Then, the lovely Cinnamon disaster today...I do have to say...my house will smell good for a while and every time I vacuum.

10 comments:

~..kass..~ said...

Oh man! the whole venturing off would scare me to death!!! I am happy he is ok and I hope you soon get a "me" day..wait do those exist?

Brooke said...

Oh the Joys of a Boy!!! THey are full of surprises!!

Long Family said...

You poor thing! I'm in a drawing for a 4 day trip to Puerto Vallarta. If I win, I'll take you with me!!! I'm so sad I didn't get to meet up with you! Cody had my phone and the car keys and was gone until 4 and we left at 5 for dinner. I'm going to run away for a week...maybe forever! But hopefully I'll get to see you soon!
Love ya! You can runaway here if you want, I'm not sure what we'd do, but I'm sure we could find something!!

Unknown said...

Goodness! Max has yet to surprise me. Lets hope that never happens.

Gayle said...

Cooper knows how to keep his parents surprised with the things he does.

Amber Blair said...

He's just a very adventurous boy huh? Too scary sometimes for sure though. I have days that I'm just so exhausted that a quiet, private beach would be great!!

Andrea said...

OK Cooper and my little Raylee sound VERY MUCH alike!! I swear last week I about had a heart attack as well! I think these two are trying to set us in to labor!!

Megan Andersen said...

I swear it is BOYS!!! Mine is a little monster sometimes too--I can't take my eyes off of him for even one second!!

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad I found you on here! I can't believe that about the cinnamon! It's boys, trust me. I remember when Grant emptied an entire bottle of Mrs Buttersworth on our carpet, and then tried to clean it up himself with a box of kleenex...not cool. Oh, and I guess this just shows how long its been since I had a decent conversation with you, but I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations! Hopefully we can catch up sooner than later.

Jaci said...

I love your positive attiude- especially about the cinnamon. Your a great mom, even when you get stressed:)