Monday, April 6, 2009

Uplifting

I love conference weekend. It was so fun to listen to the words that were spoken. I felt so must peace listening to the talks given and the reassurance of hope and faith.
Even in these crazy economic times, we are reminded to count our many blessing because no matter what we still have blessings! I love how we are reminded to stay faithful. “As we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us," said President Monson.

Saturday in between conference I realized we needed to go and get our stuff for snacks for the Sunday session. As we were walking down the isles Nick said, "This is like the super bowl for Mormons. We always have TONS of food! :) It's so true. I was looking at our food after conference and noticed that we barley put a dent in all the snacks we had. Ha ha I guess I made way too much for 3 people. Oh well, we got to enjoy some of them for dinner with Dad & Mama Jo when they come to eat with us.

Cooper was so fun during conference. Every time he would hear the word prophet he would start singing, "Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, he knows the way!" It was so cute. Even while playing in his room he would start singing it when he heard the word (my radio had conference on so he could hear it). He is such a fun little guy and loving learning new songs.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

3 comments:

Long Family said...

I agree! I definitely enjoyed it!! I still think last conference was my favorite, but this one was really good too. We are definitely blessed!!

Jarred and Angelina said...

Hey, are you open to new income? Let me know, I am involved in an awesome company and would love for you guys to take a look at it. My number is 435-862-8548.

Megan Andersen said...

Congrats you guys!!! I'm truly so happy for you! Are you going to find out what you are having? I am really dissappointed to say that I missed out on all of conference...our television had not been hooked up yet. But I here it was a good one.