Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Girl's Night

Monday Nick was out of town for work so I had a Girl's Night with my little nieces on the Brooks side. We had all the girls 3 and older except for Kaylee and Mikelle because they are on a cruise. It was so fun to be all together. We started off the Night with Pizza & Salad and then went on to creating our flower bows for our hair. Thanks to Steph for helping the girls "design" their bows. After they got it all designed they brought it over to Joanna, Brooke, G-ma Jo, and me to assemble the bow and attach the clip. They all turned out super cute!!After the bows were all completed we made our banana splits...thanks to Aunt Kay for the delicious homemade hot fudge....it was to die for!! We played around for a while and then decided it was getting late and better get our beds all layed out and start our movie. We watched Happily N'ever after 2 and half of Pink Panther 2. We didn't make it all the way through because we were all falling asleep. The girls were all great about sleeping out in the living room in their sleeping bags but, I was a wuss and went and slept in my bed! :) That morning we woke up and finished the rest of Pink Panther and ate pancakes. The girls got creative with toppings such as whip cream, cool whip, and chocolate chips. Yum Yum!!! After breakfast we all got ready and put our new bows in our hair and then it was time for pedicures! The girls took turn soaking their feet and enjoying all our yummy snack that the girl's brought. Brooke, G-ma Jo, and I were trying to be creative with the toes and fingernails and had a lot of fun trying to create flowers...haha I defiantly need A LOT of practice, but Brooke is sure a pro and G-ma Jo is great at applying fake nails!! When the girls got done with their nails they watched Madagascar 2 and cleaned up and we got ready to load up the cars to go home. Thanks Kay for driving some home. It was sure a fun day. When I got home around 5:00 the house stilled smelled like nail polish. You can tell we had a blast! Thanks girls for coming and keeping me and Coop company while Nick was gone. We love you and can't wait until the next GiRl'S NiGhT!!!!

5 comments:

Long Family said...

So fun!! You did have a house full of girls!!! I don't blame you for sleeping in the bed!!!

Rae said...

I can't wait for another one too! Thanks for buying us lunch!

Gayle said...

Little girls night out are the best. What a cute idea to make bows and have pedicures. Glad you had fun without the men around.

Jen and Josh said...

Dorene! This is Jen (Decker) Kastleman:) I just came across your blog. I think it is so cute!! And such a great idea to have a girls night with your nieces. It looks like it was fun! I'd love you to add our blog to yours and we will add yours and keep in touch. Ours is kastleman.blogspot.com:) Hope you are having a great summer!

Andrea said...

Now that IS a lot of girls!! Way to go! Looks like you guys had lots of fun... and a banana split is sounding REALLY good right about now!! P.S. You look great :0)