Friday, July 31, 2009

It's already been 5 years!!

I can't believe that we have been married for 5 years already!!! We have been through a lot together in these last 5 years and it has been so fun to learn and grow together and experience new things. I remember when I got a call from my sister saying, she was working rush at the college and set me up on a blind date with one of the worker's sons. WHAT??? No way, I am NOT going!! ( I had a missionary and had been on too many BAD, ANNOYING blind dates!!) He didn't call for a few days so I was relived he wasn't going to...well, he called the next day. Ugh! He asked if I wanted to go out and I, not really wanting to but, didn't want to be rude, agreed to go. I remember seeing him pull up and walk to the front door and was so nervous he would turn out like all my other blind dates but, no he wasn't. He was HOT!!! Not to mention no weird walk, overly confident attitude, or piling out and he drives away....my biggest pet peeve.) We spent the most awkward hour and a half driving around in his truck waiting for the other couple (who's date ditched out on him and had to hurry and find another). Let's just say we asked about every question you could ask someone when getting to know them. We finally met up with the other couple and went to dinner at Applebee's where he ordered for me and I ordered for him...It was fun to see how clean he could stay while eating ribs :) After dinner we went down to mesquite and went cosmic bowling. It was a really fun blind date, it was as if we had know each other forever....probably due to the 100 questions in the truck.

We were married July 31st 2004 (i think it was the hottest day in st. george)
(we had to squeeze so tight together in order for us all to fit in this pic. ha!)

I am so glad that I agreed to go with him and that he had a fun time also...because seriously, he is the best person!!! He is always so uplifting, positive, and one of the most patient people I have met in my life. He was so great when I was on IV Therapy while I was pregnant with Cooper and changed my IV fluids and vitamins and figured a way to get me out for rides (with hanging up the IV fluids off the hanger in the cab of his truck)! Oh, how I truly love him. He does so much for me and Cooper and I am so grateful for him and am so lucky to be able to spend eternity with him!

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! You guys are a cute couple!

Nathan and Brooke LeBaron said...

I love how couples meet stories! Thanks for sharing yours! congrats on 5 years! Our 7th anniversary is today!

Unknown said...

You guys are so cute!!! Happy 5th anniversary!!!!!! Thanks for the story of how you met that was funny. Congrats!

Unknown said...

This is actually emily (esplin) chapman sorry I forgot I was on Josh's account. HA

Long Family said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!

Teria Brooks said...

you two are so cute. I dont know if I ever knew that you first met him on a blind date. Congrats on your 5th!

Jason and Joanna said...

How cute!!! congratulations! That is so much fun, and Nick is a great guy, you couldn't have asked for anyone better for you!! Happy (late) anniversary!!

Dave and Natasha said...

Ya, us too! We got married the weekend after you guys! Wow, time has gone quickly!