Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Tree Hunting

The day after Thanksgiving we went out to cut down our Christmas tree with Bennett's Family up in the Kiabab. We love doing this, it is our tradition every year. This year was a little more difficult than years past. We got up to the mountain around 2:00. Ben & Haley found their tree first so we cut that one down and continued to look for our tree. Now most of you who know Nick know that he is very much a perfectionist so we were in search for the perfect tree although it was mostly just him looking because I was in the truck with Kallie looking from the road so, I really wasn't much help. Cooper was helping, but every tree was his favorite! :) So, finally at 5:45p.m. Nick found it! Nick had backed up to the area the tree was at and him and Ben got out to go cut it down. Haley yelled over to the truck and said, "Holy Cow, did you see the tree he got?" I turned around to see and I saw a tree, but couldn't see the guys. Well, they were behind the tree that was laying there. That is how big of round that thing was!! I swear the tree was like 80 feet tall ;) The trimmed it down and got it to fit in the truck. Here is our massive tree............. Notice how dark it is? Ya, we were lucky to find one before it was too dark! Here is our finished product. Our tree was so big that it barley looks like I have any ornaments on it. haha

No comments: