Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In Memory...

11 years ago today Mom returned to our Heavenly Father. She was the sweetest, caring, most sincere person in the world. She had some many wonderful attributes. For all the pain she endured in her life she always had a smile on her face. I never heard her raise her voice and she was always doing things for others no matter what challenge presented itself. I look up to her so much and want to follow in her every footstep. She was the BEST Mom anyone could ever ask for. I miss her SO much but know that she is in a better place! I know she is watching over me and my family. I will never forget all the fun times I had with Mom...going to lunch after doctor's appointments, shopping, chatting, learning to cook, doing service, laughing, Christmas traditions, her beautiful singing voice, etc.. She will forever be in our hearts! I love how Cooper and the other grandchildren know who Grandma is even though they never met her in this life. She had such a love for children. Every time we drive on 100 south past the cemetery Cooper says, "There is Grandma's grave." He love to go "visit" her and take flowers or little notes. So, today not only do we celebrate Mom in our hearts, but Justin & Dayten's birthday!

We love you Mama Angel!

12 comments:

Mrs. Lay said...

This is really sweet, Dorene. I'm sorry you've had to go so long at such a young age without her. I know how hard that is. There are so many times, especially while having little kids, that you wish you could call & talk to her. It's so great, though, that they know her. That way she'll always have a special place, not only in your heart, but in you children's hearts, their children's heart, etc.

Teria Brooks said...

I am so excited to meet her when we pass on. I am sad that I never got to meet her in this part of our lives because I know she was an amazing woman.
Thanks for this post. Beautiful.

Brooke said...

That is So sweet. I bet it is hard around Christmas. I am so sorry.

Jaci said...

Dorene thank you for sharing those sweet thoughts about your mom. Losing a loved one always leaves an empty spot, but I feel love when I think of my angel:) You are such a good mom, I am sure your sweet mom looks down and wishes she could tell you how proud of you she is. Love you!

Cameron and Nonie said...

That last picture is exactly how I remember your mom. She was such a sweetheart and I miss her too. I was so blessed to get to be your neighbors.

Jarred and Angelina said...

We moved into the ward right before your mom passed away and I remember everyone loved her and had so many good things to say about her. You look so much like her too. Will you please add us before you go private, Thanks!

Jarred and Angelina said...

Sorry I forgot my email is angelina_greco@hotmail.com. Thanks

Jason and Joanna said...

great post! from what I have learned about your mom, you reflect her quite a bit. When you mentioned that you have memories with her and listed some of them, and mentioned service- I can see that. Between you and nick, you guys are always serving others and doing whatever you can! Kallie and Cooper have great examples. I love that Cooper says that when you pass by her grave, obviously you guys have done a great job at letting him know about her- good job!

Long Family said...

That was beautiful. Your mom was amazing. You are such a strong and amazing woman and I'm so glad we found each other again. Thank goodness for the church and the knowledge we have!! Have a very Merry Christmas and give your kids hugs for me!! Love ya!!!

Staci said...

What a sweet post! I'm sure she was a wonderful woman. It sounds like she passed all of her good attributes onto you! Thinking of you. Hope you had a good Christmas.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

that was so sweet. I actually remember your mom! You look a lot like her, especially that picture of her when she was younger! I can't imagine going through that, it must be hard, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Gayle said...

Oh Dorene. I still remeber first hearing of your mom passing away back in 9th grade. I never met her, I bet she was the nicest person ever.