Monday, October 25, 2010

FoOtBaLl

As a desendent of Walt Brooks they (people at Dixie) asked Dad to deliver the game ball to the team at the First home game for Dixie High this year.
Warren, Walt and Jason were all able to attend
Dad Delivering the ball Mr. ?, Warren, Walt, Jason, Dad and Mr. Bair Meeting the players!

For any of you who didn't know my Grandpa Brooks, he LOVED Football and was a coach for many, many years! I was able to spend the last year of his life with him taking care of him at his home. That is where we really gained a relationship. He couldn't speak but only a few words (Football, chocolate milk, Go, No and some others) due to having a stroke but could feel his love and support. He was so happy and loved to listen to the piano. When I would get home from work he would usually be watching a game of some sport on T.V. and then before bed would go into the family room where the paino was and sit in his recliner and I would play for him. I am not very good by any means but he still loved to listen to me play! I sure do miss and love him. I sure do cherish the memories I got to spend with him. Love you Gramps!

4 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

very very cool post!

Amelia Brame said...

Doe! I just found your blog! Hooray! Your family is so cute and I haven't seen you in forever... a travesty for sure... do you mind if I follow your blog?

morgan and tina said...

Agreed about the post! P to the S, that's Mr. Bergeson :]

Josh and Kensey said...

Love this post!! I bet that was an awesome experience for your dad!!