Friday, May 30, 2008

Making bread round one!

Yesterday my sister and niece came over to make bread. Well, it has been a while since my sister had made bread and I have never made wheat bread. It started out pretty rough. We started grinding the wheat and the machine kept shutting off and you could smell it burning so, we went online to see how we could fix the clog. I guess they don't make this series anymore that my sister has so...we kept searching and found somewhere that said to vacuum out the grinder. We vacuumed it out and proceeded to grind the wheat. Everything was going smooth and we were so happy we were on our way to having yummy bread.

Steph, Toni, and Cooper grinding the wheat
Cooper watching the bread mix
Rolling out his dough
Steph with our bread waiting to rise
He was so proud of his bread!
He worked so hard at making his bread.
My little stink bug!
So, the bread was risen and we put it in the oven. It smelled so yummy! Yay, it was time for the bread to come out of the oven. We took it out, buttered the tops, and sliced a piece to eat. We took a bit and something was missing.... hmm... what did we forget? THE SALT!!! We were sad that we forgot the salt but thought hey..we have low sodium bread. That is a good thing right? Well, later that night I was getting some things out of the fridge for dinner and saw the carton of eggs. I called my sister, we forgot to put in the EGGS!!! Wow, what a day! We had so much fun we forgot a couple ingredients! Surprisingly for forgetting eggs and salt our bread turned out pretty good! We are going to try again next Thursday! :) Wish us luck!


2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

oh man... and you were so excited! But at least it still tasted good! Good job! So... I think I know Steph from high school. Remind me to ask you about her! :) (Nothing bad of course!)

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I haven't ever made bread. I always have the excuse that I do not have a mixer and then my husband says, "the pioneers didn't have mixers." Then when he asks for a ride to school or work, I say, "the pioneers had to walk."