Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Potty Time!

Cooper has been interested in the big boy toilet for a while now but, I haven't really pushed it. The last couple of weeks he has been taking his diaper off and making a bigger mess than we need so yesterday I decided, Today is the day! He did really good in the morning of going on the potty. He only had one accident. He told me he wanted to have Elmo underwear so we went to the store to pick out some "big boy underwear". When we got there he wanted all of them and had a hard time just choosing two but, he finally decided on- Thomas the Train and Spider man & Friends. The underwear was a great thing because he could tell a lot better when he was having an accident then when he wore the pull-ups...I did have to wash a few pair yesterday but, oh well.

Nick took this picture last night when he took Cooper to the bathroom He is so funny cause when we take him to the bathroom he says,
"Go out! Close the door, pleeese!"
All in all he did pretty good for his first day. He had 4 accidents and went about 5 times. It was kind of a long day having to go to the bathroom ever 20 minutes but, it will all pay off!
If anyone has any fun ideas or any advice I would love it!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*MARY* said...

When I was potty training my kids I gave them a little piece of candy, like a jelly bean or something, for every potty attempt, not just if they actually "go" but even if they sit down and try to go. It's not a very good idea because then they say they need to go every 30 seconds so they can have a piece of candy.

Unknown said...

When I potty trained Melody, I tried everything. Nothing works. Just keep trying, and one day they will get it. Don't force the issue, then that makes them not want to go. Every child is different, and when they are ready, they are ready. Good luck.

Rae said...

Way to go Coop!!

Staci said...

Good for him! I just wasn't up to it. With a little baby I think you need someone else around to help. You can't always drop what you are doing and run to the bathroom all day. Soon though!

Anonymous said...

hey i saw you today actually i think it was yesterday at walmart and you walked right passed me like you didnt even recognize me lol well have fun

Anonymous said...

A hunting magazine! That makes me laugh, way cute

Rae said...

Hey Doe,
My mom typed in Raelie on google serch i think. And it had a picture of you and nick and coop i think coop was in it. Because you had Raelies Baptism.

HeatherStout said...

I love those pictures! Caleb just potty trained about a month ago and we had about four days of basically me being his shadow and catching him having an accident and then running him to the potty. This helped him associate between the two and what was going on and after the fourth day, no more accidents (pooping is another story, he's still cautious to go on the toilet). After he went he got to choose two gummy bears out of a bowl, which he loved. Good job getting started! I swear it's harder on the mom than the kid.

Rae said...

Yah I think the ant was biting him.

~..kass..~ said...

These pictures are the BEST!

Long Family said...

The magazine's hilarious!!! I wish Carli was still interested, but she lost interest a few months ago, oh well, maybe one day...

Megan Andersen said...

Sounds like you are on your way!

Gayle said...

Yeah for potty training. The hunters magizine makes me laugh.

Jason and Joanna said...

haha- love the pictures! just stick with it dorene, you can do it!!! just look for the light at the end of the tunnel- you won't have any more diapers to change!!!