Tuesday, May 5, 2009

San Diego April 30 - May 4th

Warning: LONG POST!!


Thursday April 30th


We loaded up and headed to San Diego. We got kind of a late start because I spent the morning in the bathroom :( (Baby Tob didn't like Golden Grahams too much!)
As soon as we got on the road it felt nice to be headed out of town. We stopped in Mesquite for some good ol' lunch at McDonald's and then continued on our road trip. Of course, we had to stop every two hours for bathroom and food breaks! We made it to our hotel around 5:30 p.m. (San Diego Time). We were ready for dinner but didn't want to drive anymore so we walked to Denny's which was close to our hotel (not the greatest dinner). It felt so nice outside and we enjoyed our little walk. We got back to the hotel and watched Mall Cop.

Friday May 1st


We ate breakfast at the hotel. They served some yummy waffles and ham. After breakfast we headed to Sea World. We got there a little after they opened so it was pretty nice not to be crammed with people. We started off with checking out the sea turtles, and star fish and then headed to the Sea Lion Show and Shamu Show. Coop seemed to enjoy watching whenever Shamu would come out of the water and spray everyone.
His favorite part of Sea World was defiantly the Sesame Street section. He loved going on the rides with Dad. We checked out the Polar Bears and Coop thought they were pretty cool until we went into one of the caves and he freaked out. He thought there was really Polar Bears in there! He loved the penguins and the shark tunnel.
We ate lunch at the Shipwreck cafe' at Sea World. Cooper got a hot dog and fries in a cool shamu lunch box, Nick enjoyed the salmon, and I had BBQ ribs. We spent pretty much all day at Sea World. It was way fun!
We then took a drive out to Coronado and saw the ocean. This was Cooper's first time to the ocean. He thought it was awesome! He loved playing in the sand and feeling the "freezing" ocean. It was pretty cold!
We grabbed some dinner at our favorite restaurant PF Chang's. We ate SO much but, oh it was so delicious!

Saturday May 2nd

We went shopping at Fashion Valley Mall. Wow, I wish we had a mall like that! :) We went back to the hotel and changed into our swim suits, grabbed some sandwiches at Subway and drove down to Imperial Beach. We had a lot of fun digging in the sand and playing in the water. Cooper was so excited to see kids at the beach. He played with a few of the kids for a while in the little water holes. He LOVED it! Cooper and Nick took a few bites of their sandwiches and then went down to play some more. We noticed a ton of seagulls when we were playing and looked at one that was flying away and it had taken Nick's sandwich and another one was walking off with Coop's. They had gotten the sandwich out of the plastic bag and the paper around it. It was pretty funny. We know now to finish all our food before going back out to play!!!
We walked out on the pier after we were done playing and it was so pretty to just be out on the ocean. After our fun day at the beach we went back to the hotel and went for a swim in the pool. I think we all got too much sun this day. Nick's poor forehead was fried and so was my shoulders and back. Cooper was pretty well protected but got a little on his neck.
We showered and got ready to go to dinner. When we got back Cooper got to pick a movie. We watched:
It was a cute movie. The only one who lasted through the whole movie though was Nick. Me and Coop fell asleep.

Sunday May 3rd

Sunday morning we headed to the San Diego Temple. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! You could feel the spirit so strong just walking around the temple grounds. Cooper was so excited and kept saying, "I want to go in and say Hi to Jesus in his house!" The sweet missionary couple gave Cooper some pass-a-long cards and a brochure of the Temples. Cooper showed her the St. George Temple and told her that is were we lived. We also met a family there that was from St. George also. It was kinda fun to run into someone from our own town even though we didn't know them. Hopefully, we will see them around here sometime! :)
Later, we drove out to La Jolla Cove and saw the Sea Lions. Cooper loved watching them swim and pop their heads out of the water.
Nick wanted to go check out some surfer's so we went to Pacific Beach and watched the surfer's for a while. It was so relaxing to just sit and listen to the ocean. Cooper and me went for a walk on the beach and got soaked by a huge wave. When we were walking back to our car a seagull decided to go to the bathroom right above us and got Nick and me. It wasn't a lot but oh, it was sure gross and very stinky!
Later that night we drove out to Chula Vista and then to La Mesa to look and see if we could see where my family (mom, dad, toni, and warren) lived. We think we found the area but, not sure if the apartment was the same since it was 40 years ago. I think if we had Dad with us he could have found it since he new the neighborhood.

Monday May 4th


We packed up and got ready to head back to St. George. We made a stop at Trader Joe's and a grocery store to get some snacks for the road.
For brunch we ate at Pancake House. It was delicious.....everything we had from the orange juice to the salsa was scrumptious!
Cooper playing with his pass-a-long cards on the drive home.
We then continued on our way and stopped in Henderson for dinner. We arrived home around 8:30 and Cooper started crying saying that he wanted to go back to the hotel... I wish we could have stayed longer, but it sure feels nice to be home!


This also happened on our trip.....My tummy grew!! I am sure all the delicious food we ate helped! :)

I am 17 weeks now and get to have an ultrasound in 2 weeks so get your votes in! :)

9 comments:

Long Family said...

I am SOOOOO jealous!!! I want to go back to Sea World so bad. That is my most favoritest place EVER EVER EVER!!!!! I'm glad you had so much fun and I'm glad you put up a belly picture. I was wondering!!! Really cute pics. I can't believe how big coop is getting!!

Jason and Joanna said...

YAY! That looks like you guys had a GREAT TIME!! I love those pictures of you and Coop on the beach. And... cute tummy!!! But it's good to have you guys all back! Our street was getting pretty lonely.

Andrea said...

LOVE Sea World too! It looks like you had a great vaca! You will have to go INSIDE the San Diego temple on of these times. It is so unreal. It is BY FAR the prettiest temple I have EVER been in!! P.S. Love that belly shot, I need to get around to doing mine!!

Amber Blair said...

That sounds like such a fu trip, I've been wanting to go to Sea World for a while because Brian has never been there. Your little baby bump is so cute!! I'm excited for you to find out what you're having!!

Teria Brooks said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I cant wait until Dayten is able to go to Sea World. I love it there! Your little baby bump is SOO cute! hehe we cant wait to find out what you are having :)

Anonymous said...

That is soo funny we are like trading places! haha! Looks like you had a way fun time! I'll see you on our way back up! Love ya!

Gayle said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation! The pictures are great. You are such a cute prego lady!

Em said...

So much fun, I'm a little jealous :) I can't believe how much Coop looks like Nick, a little mini me of him. Your little bump is so cute!!!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Oh your tummy is too cute! How fun to go on a vacation with your little family. Family Vacations are THE BEST!