Monday, June 8, 2009

Another surgery....

My poor Cooper man has been having bloody noses pretty badly for the last year and a half. It happens about every other day and mostly during the night. It is so sad to see him "freak out" whenever his little nose runs even a little. He is afraid it is bleeding. We have tried a lot of things over this duration of time. Humidifier, air(ointment), you name it! I took him to the pediatrician to see what else there was to do because he had gotten a bloody nose that lasted 45 mins until it finally developed a little clot and stopped. Poor guy! Dr. Marsden said he wanted to test to make sure he didn't have a blood clotting disorder just to be safe and thankfully he doesn't so we got referred to the ENT (ear, nose, and throat specialist). We saw Dr. Gardner who had taken out Cooper's tonsils. He was great and suggested that we have his vessel in his "bleeder" nostril cauterized. I am so sad to have my little guy be put out for another surgery, but if it will help I think we will all be very grateful!! So, this Friday Cooper is going in to have his procedure done. I tried to explain to him that we were going to the hospital like we did for his tonsil and he will go to sleep for a while and get his nose to feel better. (not as many bleeds) Instantly, he said, "Can I get new jammies?" Of course.....so we went out looking for those perfect PJ's. He picked out some cute dinosaur pajama's and is all excited to wear them on Friday!

9 comments:

Amber Blair said...

Sad. When I was in 1st grade, I had to squirt salt water up my nose every day before resess cuz I was getting bloody noses everyday. I guess that blood vessel in my nose was getting too dried out, so my doctor just said to squirt salt water up there. I haven't had much a a problem lately, but during the really hot summer days, I'll ocassionally get one. Mayeb my parents should have had me get that surgery.

Em said...

Sad I'm sorry! Good luck. Josh has a blood disorder where he doesn't clot it is so sad and annoying ha.

Long Family said...

You're such a good mama! It was so fun to talk to you today! I wish we lived closer!

EmmaLee said...

Poor little guy! Unfortunately I'm am all too familiar with the surgery bit. It's hard, but definitely for the better. It is always harder on the Mommies. Good luck! I'm sure all will go well.

Rae said...

Poor Cooper. Thanks for taking me to sewing yesterday.

The fly-fisherman said...

Poor Cooper! Garrett gets bloody noses like that all the time. He wakes up at least 3 times each week with his bed just covered. I am getting tired of stripping his sheets every other day. I can somewhat relate.

Good luck with the surgery. He will do great. New pajamas make everything better!

Anonymous said...

Poor boy! I hope he is feeling good!

Krebs Krib said...

SAD! I hope little Copper is doing better now!! Poor little guy! I hope everything went good! . . . Now when can we hang out!?

Staci said...

Dang. I am sorry to hear that he had to end up having the procedure done. I ope it helps thought and that you guys can put those behind you. How is the little guy doing? When he is up to par let us know so we can have a play date.