Monday, November 30, 2009

Gratitude

I am so overcome with emotion and my heart is so full I had to record my feelings (this blog is my journal) So, I know this may not be interesting to any of you. I am so grateful for all of the many things in my life. These last few months I have truly realized what is important in life and how blessed my little family is. Fist off, I am so thankful for the gospel and my savior Jesus Christ and all of the sacrifices he has made for each one of us. I really don't know what I would do without the gospel. I rely upon it everyday and my faith just keeps growing through every experience I have. It is amazing to look at things in your life and it seems as if your world is crashing down, but after much prayer and doing, something always come to cheer you up or help you out...and I know that is our Heavenly Father. He really loves us and cares about us and knows exactly what we need. Our wonderful ward, Bishop, and church callings have blessed my life so much! Our ward is so kind and seriously the greatest ward ever. Our Bishop is an amazing man. He is the most thoughtful and caring person and always so happy and did I mention...hilarious! My calling has helped me in more ways than I ever thought it could. Since having the baby I haven't been to church very often. Nick and I usually switch off going every other Sunday but this last month he has either had to teach, primary program, and sharing time so I haven't been able to go. It didn't realize how much I would miss church! It sounds funny but, it really seems like something is missing when I don't go.

Second, I am so thankful for family. For my wonderful husband and the firm testimony he has and the priesthood power he holds. He is amazing and I am so lucky to be with him for eternity. Every trial we have gone through has caused stress and confrontation but has defiantly made us closer and stronger as a couple and makes me love him more and more everyday. He is one of the most serviceable and caring people I know. He really cares about people. I love the way he loves our children. I am so thankful for them and the joy that they bring to my life. It is sure hard sometimes, but I don't know what I would do without them. My parents and siblings are such great examples to me and are so caring. I am so grateful to have such a good relationship with all of them and love them dearly.

Third, Friends and people who serve. We are so blessed to have so many friends and people who care about us. I can't even express how much gratitude I feel towards people who are so selfless and listen to the spirit and help those who need it. They are truly amazing people and I have come to see how the Lord really works through people. He know what we need and he prompts us to find those people who need it. Fourth, for all the things that make life enjoyable...warm house, toilets, running water, washer/dryer, bathtub/shower, comfy bed, cars, food, etc..

I was at wal-mart a couple weeks ago picking up some milk and as I walked out there was a little boy ( boy scout) selling popcorn balls, he was probably 9 or 10. He came up and asked if I would buy a popcorn ball. I pulled out my dollars and gladly accepted my popcorn..ok well Cooper did! As, I walked away I looked back and he continued to approach people and most just walked right past without acknowledging this boy. I teared up thinking of how even a simple "no thank you" would be nicer than to just walk past pretending he isn't even there. It made me want to be a better person just by this little experience.

1 comment:

Jason and Joanna said...

Very good post Dorene! You sure are blessed with some great people in your life- but I think a lot of that is because of the person you are. You are always helping others and doing everything you can. Nick is also an amazing person- hello, he mows our lawn for us all the time!!! What a nice husband you have, you guys are great parents and Cooper and Kallie have some of the best examples of service that anyone could ask for.

That was very nice of you to gladly accept your popcorn ball. I totally see where you are coming from on even saying no thank you. It makes me look back and hope that I haven't ever just walked past the people. Thank you for your example.